Monday, March 25, 2013

NCAA Tournament Update: President Obama's Picks Surge Into the Sweet Sixteen!

Hello again friends!  Well, here is my Round of 32 update, and I am happy to say that the March Madness is heating up something fierce.  President Obama's bracket has sort of equalized after going 11-5 over the weekend.  Pretty darn good, if I must say so myself Mr. President; but, I would be remiss if I didn't share that despite the President's bracket jumping 40 percentile points after the weekend games.  After this past weekend, my bracket is still ahead of Mr. Baracketology, after I barely missed going perfect for the weekend, finishing 15-1, with my only misfire being my prediction that the Minnesota Golden Gophers would topple the Florida Gators.   Check out the Potus' bracket ->
So, The Sweet Sixteen is sure to separate the true basketball analyst from the guessers and the lucky.  Anyway, as I wrote previously my Final Four consists of:  Ohio State, Kansas, Duke, and Miami.  If my bracket bubble bursts during the Sweet Sixteen, the likely reason for the demise of my bracket will derive from the fact that Miami after its unimpressive performance against Illinois on Sunday night was not able to overcome the unrelenting resiliency of the Golden Eagles of Marquette University or the Syracuse Orange in the Elite Eight should they defeat Marquette on Friday night.  Two other games that could kill my bracket concern the state of Michigan:  as in the University of Michigan and Michigan State University.  Both schools impressed all-takers, naysayers and haters over the weekend, and look like they are playing to win--a National Championship, that is.  If they keep playing at such a high-level my bracket dreams may be over.

Finally, Ohio State, my pick to win it all is looking good to me, but vulnerable nevertheless.  The Buckeyes have a tough task ahead of them in the form of the Arizona Wildcats.  Hopefully, the Buckeyes won't let me down and will play on to the Final Four at least, if not the championship.  Arizona has a history of crashing the Elite Eight and so the Buckeyes better have their "A" game clicking on all cylinders.  For a more complete analysis, and a more thorough update on President Obama's bracket success click here and/or here.


No comments:

Post a Comment