Monday, July 21, 2014

Forward To Your Future!

I started blogging about the college admissions process, and things related to the college admissions process on ForwardUniversity (FU) in 2008.  At that time, my goal was to turn ForwardUniversity.com into a full-blown website about the college admissions and selection process.  I started FU as a means of writing about the college admissions application process in my spare time as sort of an underwhelming means for my daughter, Taylor, to become more familiar with the college application process, which at the time she didn't seem to be too enthused about.  Nevertheless, over the years, I have tried to write a post here or there that might contain tidbits of helpful information.  Despite my heart, and desire being in the right place, my time limitations were highly restrictive, and continually left me with a feeling of incompleteness. So, this year instead of trying to find time to write helpful and insightful posts about the college admissions and selection process, I decided to take a different approach--a more streamlined approach, but nevertheless helpful approach:  I decided to list various scholarship opportunities which I could normally do in a 10 - 30 minutes time (in the case of including multiple scholarship listings).

So, for about the last three to four-months, I have been posting various scholarship opportunities on this blog.  I figured that with the exorbitant, rising costs of a college education in the 21st Century that posting a few scholarships on a weekly basis was the least that I could do for those who visit this blog that I post to very sparingly at best.  Well, I have been waiting impatiently all summer to share a bit of new information with you.  Well, I guess it's more of an announcement than information, even though it is also the information (LOL). Sorry, my attempt at humor betrays me on this evening.  Anyway, I wanted to let my loyal visitors/readers of this blog know that ForwardUniversity.com will be shuttering its Internet windows, and this will be my last week posting to FU.  Hopefully, this does not come as too much of a surprise or too much of a disappointment to you.  If you seldom frequented these pages then you probably won't get all misty-eyed on me.  However, if you did look forward to the postings that appeared here--don't fret too much because FU is relaunching as DoYouUniversity.com (DYU), a college admissions consulting start-up, and online platform that will assist college-bound students, and their families to navigate the college admissions and selection process. DYU has been a long time coming, and has been in the works since last January.  Finally, we are about to launch, and I am very excited about the opportunity to provide college admissions information, and advice on a regular basis to the high school students who join the DYU community, which is also a free online platform for college-bound students who are currently in high school.

Introducing: DoYouUniversity.com

As I alluded to above, DYU doubles as a college admissions consulting site, and also as a platform for the college-bound.  DYU was created to empower high school students to express their individuality through the art of doing you.  Students who take advantage of our free platform will have an opportunity to take advantage of the many benefits of being a DYU member.  As a student member of the DYU community, students can build a customized student profile that they can be used to promote themselves to colleges and universities, as well as scholarship foundations, and the like.  Student members will also have access to free college admissions, financial aid, scholarship, college selection, and essay writing advice, among other things. Student members will also have a connection to many colleges and universities that they are interested in attending or learning more about.  Public chat rooms, and other topic-centered chat forums will also be available, and so much more.  So, if you are a high school student, join DYU's online student community:  meet your peers from around the Unites States and the world; chat with yours truly about the admissions process (yes, I will be answering your college-admissions related questions); attend online College Fairs and college forums.  However, most importantly, JOIN DYU's movement to revolutionize your future! After all, DYU is "All About You!"   I hope to see you at Do You University real soon.  Forward To Your Future!






No comments:

Post a Comment